Until taking this Business Writing course, I was unfamiliar with the term slidecast. So what is it? A slidecast is basically a narrated slideshow, or presentation that requires no speaker/presenter or audience interaction (one does not have to click through slides).
Take a look at this slidecast by YouTube user Billy Phillips, titled "Where's God? A SlideCast: Part One", below.
Impressive slidecast example:
Even if you don't agree with Phillips' point of view, you have to agree that his design and content choices are effective. Additionally, the rhetorical approaches of logos and pathos are convincing.
Logos is applied when Phillips proposes data based in reason, as opposed to traditional or unfounded points. Pathos was applied in asking viewers to remember their childhoods. I also feel pathos was a part of the whole presentation, because I think people tend to have strong emotional ties to religious beliefs.
By posing rhetorical questions from slide one, Phillips engages audiences and holds their attention throughout the presentation. The question posed in the title, about finding God, is not answered in this presentation. Phillips holds his answer to the question in part two of this slidecast series. This move is a great way for him to intrigue viewers even more as well as increase the views for his YouTube channel and other videos.
I chose this slidecast as an exemplary presentation because of the captivating imagery, memorable arrangement, use of rhetoric, and meaningful content.
No comments:
Post a Comment